Sunday 9 March 2008

Farhaan (Reckless) interview

“I like exercising my mouth don’t take that in the wrong way” Farhaan Akoo stage named Reckless, starting from the age of 11 by ACCIDENT discovering his talent in a park after playing a cricket match with his peers was walking home and they spotted a couple of elders beat boxing and decided to join in for a joke. Farhaan surprising everyone and making everyone look like they had no talent at all discovered his mouth could make sounds. From then, gaining the nickname RECKLESS due to his elders describing the way he beat boxed was the only way they could describe Farhaan’s style after his killer performance. “They were like man u is reckless u blew all of us apart how u so dope me not knowing what to say thinking wow I must be good if these boys are meant to be the most dope in our hood” “Then from that day I’ve been making random sounds and developing what I hear” Being influenced by watching MTV from a young age from the likes of Pharrell and Justin Timberlake. He tested his mouth on what beats based on his hearing and ended up accomplishing most sounds. Sometimes he would randomly start in the class room and get sent out for making funny noises. “Yea I remember once in maths the teach told me to get out because I was making a sound that sound like a tap was dripping and all the other kids would be bugging the teach saying sir I think we got a leak so when they found out it was me let’s just say a week of detention was worth my teachers facial expression” Reckless has collaborated with acts such as Nabz and Kai (www.myspace.com/nabzandkai) and Real Kid (www.myspace.com/real-kiduk) but prefers to be spreading waves across the underground scene with live freestyles on street. He uses his beat boxing skills as a hobby more than a chosen occupation because of his education but he says there’s nothing stopping him in his spare time and no one should dare stand in his way if he wants to take it further. With the full support of his friends and family he just wants to take it one day at a time and see where it takes him. “Well my peers have definitely been there for me like Munir Karim. He has been there by my side a lot, very supportive. He’s the button to my shirt I’ll be honest he’s the vanilla to my ice cream, I can’t put it anyway better really but yea my friends and family have been there by my side sometimes my family think I’m a little bit crazy making stupid sounds from my mouth time to time but u know everyone’s crazy I think.” Me laughing hysterically asked him if any of his fans want to be more then jus his fans got a very sarcastic answer “Depends really if you looking for someone gay then I’m single but for the girls out there I’m in a relationship hahaha”.

No comments: