Sunday 23 March 2008

NABZ INTERVIEWS (PINKY, MR.MVP AND DCEE)

SHARMILI
As I sat down with this brown eyed beauty I couldn’t help but wonder if she was single, obviously not for me but for the readers of Adonis, so I thought the first question I should ask her is if she had a boyfriend or not? SUPRISINGLY she was SINGLE breaking off, a few months back from a 2 year relationship due to her boyfriend being unfaithful. My jaw dropped! Who would be so STUPID? From there my mind wondered back onto why she was sitting in front of me and I remembered I still had to carry out an interview. So I got my HEAD TOGETHER and ASKED her WHY she thought she got the ADONIS TALENT OF THE YEAR AWARD she CHEEKILY replied “because I look good”. First I thought to myself she’s very vain but I guess all models are. So I jumped to the next question on why she actually started modelling “KATE MOSS!! She was my reason for modelling because everything she does, she started modelling at a young age; I started modelling at a young age as well so I thought yayyyyyyy if she can do it why can’t I”. Having a lot of determination being inspired by one of the most influential models in the fashion industry must be on her way to success. Sharmili whose MOTHER has been the most supportive character in her career has never left her side being there along every step and has never missed a photo shoot. Most models are stereotyped for being stupid what do you say about that are models really DUMB? Well if you say where DUMB for getting paid just to stand there and let people take a few pictures then you can class us dumb, but as far as I’m concerned I make more money than the people calling me dumb just by standing there for my looks doing something I enjoy HAHA. The next question to ask her was if she would’ve chosen anything else apart from modelling ”YES I would love to be a fashion designer which soon I will become due to me having my art a-levels underway which should help me along my career as a fashion designer because I love designing clothes for myself and I’m STOPPING modelling soon” WHY “Apparently I’m too small for the catwalk and I don’t want to be doing catalogue covers all my life, I know I’ve got a future in designing cloths and plus don’t forget you get way MORE BOYS.
JEROME
Mr. MVP Jerome Bastien has gained over 23 SCHOOL and 16 DISTRICT MEDALS including: MVP and PLAYER OF THE YEAR. This hot talent started playing basketball as a primary school kid and he would play ball everyday even after school with his cousin, shooting hoops. “I play wherever man I would play in the rain I would play in 160 degrees it’s all to do with determination”. This Baller wasn’t really influenced by stars such as Michael Jordan but instead grabbed his influence from his elders in school “Really I don’t even know where I got my influence from I just use to watch my elders play in secondary school I didn’t think I could be where they were, but as I progressed and watched my friends play. I started to play and picked up some skills like the coaches told me I had a natural talent”. I thought basketball had a lot of rivalries and competition but from the way Jerome described his passion it sounded more like an PHYSICAL EXPRESSION of ART. I thought it would be best to ask him if he had encountered any rivalries on the court or gained any injuries but I was surprised to hear that through his career he hasn’t met any sort or kind of feuds “I’m respectful to the court man I’m just grateful that God made basketball happy for my hands happy for my feet if it weren’t for God I wouldn’t be here, if it wasn’t for my parents I wouldn’t be here so I’m grateful for this opportunity and don’t disrespect the court”. So would’ve chosen anything else instead of basketball “I don’t know man probably like shooting people, Like give me your money man give me your money” Me being surprised by how basketball changed his life, was relieved and thankful for Jerome’s talent and how he chose BASKETBALL instead of CRIME “Basketball has influenced and changed my life in a major way”.
BALLER = BASKETBALL PLAYER
DOMINIC
This Emcees emotions have led him to the Grime scene. He ain’t a stereotype! Most rappers stereotyped for being gangsters in the rap game yet some of the biggest names in the industry have achieved as much academically as they have with success. From Bad Boy Record’s CEO P.Diddy (attending private secondary education at the Roman Catholic Mount Saint Michael Academy and attended Howard University) to UK’s Akala (gaining straight A’s at GCSE). DCEE who’s still in education undertaking a-levels is not from the hood and has never been, his just glad to be rhyming on the mike. When sitting with Dominic aka DCEE DOUBLE E. I thought it would be appropriate of me asking him the light hearted questions before I go into the gritty ones. So I asked him why he thought he was chosen for this award. “I think I was chosen for this award for my you know my talent you know that urge to do well you know,” me thinking his very enthusiastic, I asked him what led him towards GRIME. “Basically I grew up listening to a lot of music and I listened to a lot of grime and thought I can release some emotions from music.” D CEE’s determination and BOYS have helped him really CONNECT to his music, his emotions have led him to spit about every situation that he goes through with his BOYS and how they’ve never let him down since childhood through to kidult hood now reaching to adulthood. Currently D CEE is still making 4 TRACKS a WEEK with a library of MORE than 182 SONGS which you can hear from www.myspace.com/dceelp upon hearing him you’ll know what he meant by him not being a gangster but a ordinary bloke who visits the pub now and then “Well basically in my tracks I go against stereotypes by using a turn like USP like is I’m a black boy I use a style so people think I’m a CHAV I use that style to go against what it’s all about that’s why some people like to listen to me because I’m different”. His style of being unique, which hasn’t been met before in the GRIME industry of an emcee that sounds like a CHAV, has gained him much popularity on the streets and MySpace. Him dressing with no hood but casual wear looking different on the Grime scene makes him stand out and sparkle. D CEE has seen crime pass him by, but never got involved. We wish him much success in the future and would like to congratulate him for winning this award.

No comments: